Strategic Account Manager
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being The Global Leader in Advancing Premium Food for Pets. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
This role is Customer facing and will be accountable for managing sales, marketing, and supporting activities for one of Canada’s largest Specialty Pet retailers. In addition, this incumbent will foster relationships and drive growth by understanding and supporting their business and inspiring them with our Vision: The Global Leader in Advancing Premium Foods for Pets, and our Purpose to Earn Pet Lover Trust Every Day so Pets Thrive for a Lifetime, as well as to build trust and uphold Champion’s incredible reputation.
The Strategic Account Manager is a remote position residing in the GTA area and reports directly to the Director of Sales, Canada.
- Manage and penetrate assigned customers at all levels, and develop relationships that enable achievement of plans and objectives
- Forecasting of sales volume on a monthly and annual basis using customer and CPF software and data.
- Management of trade fund, activities, and budgets that impact volume.
- Prepare and deliver effective selling presentations that implement approved Customer Plans
- Timely communication of approved retail activities, promotional plans, merchandising and new item listings with the Retail Team to ensure relentless retail execution
- Play a lead role in the management of the sales teams responsible for retail execution including Regional Sales Managers and Territory Sales Representatives.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering relevant reports, operating budgets, and sales forecasts
- Develop and drive strategic plans to meet or exceed revenue goals. Have high engagement with customers and distributor partners to collaborate and partner during the planning process.
- Build relationships within multiple levels of the customer organization. Develop and manage collaborative partnerships and ownership of joint business plans with key customers.
- Monitor contractual compliance, including but not limited to, merchandising, pricing, product, and promotion.
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities. Have a close pulse on environment and proactively have plans to support customer and CPF brands.
- Communication and coordination of customer needs with CPF internal support teams as required to provide superior customer service.
- Attend designated trade shows and events as needed.
- Travel as required up to 25% incl. customer facing and travel in field (locally and across Canada)
- University Degree in Business or a related discipline strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of progressive sales experience, preferably from within the Pet Care and or CPG industry.
- Effective Communication – comfortable dealing and communicating with the customer and internal teams at varying levels of management.
- Build Relationships – internal and external.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly developed organizational, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated business skills related to goal setting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Strong problem solving, strategic business thinking, analytical skills, project management and time management skills.
- Strong TEAM player with Energy, Passion, Ambition, Competitiveness.
Champion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested applicants please apply online at championpetfoods.com/careers