Leis Pet Distributing
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Wellesley , Ontario, Canada
Full-time, Salaried Position
Reports to: Tim Wagler, COO
This position reports to the COO and is part of the executive management team. The purpose of the role is to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person will help define long term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and will maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. This person works with the internal team, marketing staff and other managers to increase sales opportunities and therefore maximize revenue for the organization.
- Work closely with Sales Manager to select and develop new vendors and products.
- Implement new products including pricing, planning and management.
- Ensure the data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s ERP system (NAV 2015).
- Manage the marketing team including planning and managing marketing resources according to agreed budgets.
- Continual evaluation of current product lines and recommend to COO and Sales Manager product/line rationalization.
- Responsible for vendor retention, growth, and profitability, including pricing, marketing, advertising and promotional strategy.
- Responsible for conducting ongoing market research; working closely with the Sales Manager to provide support and information to the sales team.
- Channel identification, analysis & development.
- P&L line responsibility – gross margin and marketing expenses.
- Appropriate administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- Maintain and develop the image and reputation of the company’s brands via suitable PR activities and intellectual property management.
- Direct responsibility for all vendors that the Product Manager does not manage.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
− Five or more years’ experience with sales and marketing planning and budgets
− Experience with Microsoft Office/Excel and Word
− Post-Secondary Diploma in Business