– This job posting is now closed –
Job Title: Event Manager
Reports to: PIJAC Canada President & CEO
Employment Type: Full-time
Do you love pets? Have you always dreamt of going to work with your dog? PIJAC Canada may be the perfect environment for you! Here at PIJAC Canada, we enjoy working as a team to achieve the common goal of ensuring the highest level of pet care in the industry.
Responsible for the organization of trade shows in Canada and abroad, the Event Manager oversees all trade show related duties, working with suppliers and sponsors to create a positive experience to visitors and exhibitors alike. Since PIJAC Canada is a bilingual organization, the Event Manager must be able to correspond with clients and suppliers in French and English in both written and spoken form.
Tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and manage trade shows, gala evenings, international pavilions and trade missions;
- Develop sponsorship, advertising kits and secure purchasers;
- Negotiation contracts with large conference centres;
- Source varied suppliers such as show decorators, catering, security, parking, electricity, etc.;
- Work with venues, suppliers and clients on all event logistics, down to the smallest details, to satisfy customer needs.;
- Work with Agriculture and AgriFood Canada to source funding for activities abroad;
- Work with trade commissioners and develop targeted international business;
- Prepare a budget and adhering to event budgets to avoid project overruns;
- Set annual business plan and strategies to achieve goals for the association;
- Overseeing events, including solving problems, event set up, communicating with site staff, organizing vendors, etc.;
- Work with the Association communications team to develop event marketing, sponsorships and communication messages;
- Connect with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction;
Qualifications and competencies
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or proven related work experience (Minimum 5 years)
- Outstanding attention to detail, communication and negotiation ability
- A knack for problem-solving
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Organizational capability and time management skills, with a strong ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to think critically, suggest changes and upgrades to processes to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Familiarity or experience working in a not-for-profit environment or association an asset
- Budgeting and budget management
- Bilingual (English and French)
About PIJAC Canada:
PIJAC Canada (The Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council of Canada) is a non-profit organization that represents and promotes all facets of the pet industry. Our mission is to offer guidance and resources to pet businesses and help advance the well-being of Canada’s animals. As a non-profit, we represent over 900 members coast to coast and believe working together is the key to positive pet experiences and successful pet businesses.
At PIJAC Canada we pride ourselves on taking a proactive approach supporting pet businesses and the advancement of animal care across Canada and around the world, through education, pet industry trade shows and foreign missions.
PIJAC Canada offers great benefits, including a comprehensive benefit package which covers medical and dental care and a pension plan, all paid for by the association. We believe that a work-life balance is a major component in a healthy work environment. Our pet friendly workspace also creates an uplifting work atmosphere that makes you excited to come into work every day.
Excited about this opportunity? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ! Due to high volumes, we will only be in contact with selected candidates and ask not to call. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.