Marketing Communications Assistant
Role Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Communications Manager
About PIJAC Canada
The Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council of Canada (PIJAC) provides leadership and communication between all sectors of the pet industry. Our goal is to give member businesses the tools and support they need to be a successful and responsible pet business. We provide critical resources, training and growth opportunities to help their business thrive, and in turn, positively impact the lives of pets. The welfare of animals is at our core and drives our efforts as an organization. We believe that animal welfare is everyone’s business from pet professionals to media, government and the public.
- Promote the activities and services of the association
- Assists the Communications Manager in the development and implementation of the association’s communication plan and marketing strategy.
- Assists the Communications Manager in the development of all association communication materials; print and digital
- Copy writing for promotional materials, blog posts and articles
- Creates social media posts for association events, news and activities.
- Coordinates flow of content from association to digital platforms.
- Coordinates online social media feedback and conversations.
- Tracks all social media traffic and generate reports to help sharpen staff strategies.
- Works with association staff to identify opportunities to utilize social media to promote products and events.
- Remains flexible to complete other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Operations
- Potential travel to association events
Minimum Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
- Experience with association work a plus, but not critical.
- Diploma in Marketing or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and French
- Ability to confidently translate an asset
- Strong organization skills, communication skills, and customer service attitude.
- A professional approach to the position and a team player in the work place.
- A strong sense of curiosity about the association initiatives.
- Active accounts on social media platforms required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Hootsuite and Microsoft office.
- Experience with google analytics a plus.
- A deep enthusiasm for shareable content development. Continuously learning – proposing new ideas and better our social reach and engagement. Bring new technology/strategic opportunities to the association for consideration.
Please provide samples of campaigns and/or projects that represent your skills
Application Deadline: April 20th
Send Resume, Cover letter and Samples of work to:
Susan Dankert, Communications Manager