Nutram Pet Products Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned and operated, holistic pet nutrition company with more than 20 years of pet food experience. Located in Elmira, Ontario, Canada, we produce and market our super premium dry dog and cat foodand, which can be found in over 25 countries worldwide. With an extensive histo brry and list of product innovations in the pet food industry, Nutram is truly Canada’s holistic pet food experts! Learn more at www.nutram.com.
JOB TITLE: Ontario Sales Representative
REPORTS TO: V.P. Sales
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the implementation of Nutram’s Canadian sales and marketing strategies through our exclusive distributor & key retail partners. The focus is achieving growth plans with effective partnership activities built on mutual success, strong relationships, clear communication, and exceptional customer service. This position requires strong tactical (hands-on), solid negotiation skills and an acumen towards delivering profitable growth.
- Manage the business of Nutram Pet Products and the Nutram brand in Ontario as directed by the VP of Sales
- Identify retail sales opportunities to grow current accounts and solicit/acquire new opportunities and accounts for the Nutram brand
- Regularly call on and work closely with current key ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ retailers to ensure maximum product placement and execution of promotions.
- Create a territory ‘game plan’ to identify, target, visit and secure opportunities and accounts within the designated territory
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the Nutram distributor, to ensure volume growth and professional, flawless on-the-ground execution of the Nutram brand in the designated territory
- Communicate and gain alignment on the Nutram strategy & tactics with distributor and sales/marketing personnel
- Communicate and drive promotional grid execution and effective retail coverage by distributor’s sales force in designated territory
- Ensure the distributor maintains adequate inventory to continue to increase business.
- Be the internal voice of the customer, i.e. retailers & distributors
- Assist/attend Canadian &/or North American trade shows on behalf of Nutram Pet Products
- Provide accurate sales forecasting as required by VP Sales
- Assist Nutram Pet Products Marketing team in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Three to five years sales/marketing experience, preferably in the pet food industry.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics (retailer and distributor) and requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Ability to take direction and work effectively in a remote and independent environment with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team
- Proven leadership and ability to manage and drive distributor sales teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid negotiation skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email: email@example.com
Deadline: January 19, 2018.