COMPANY SUMMARY (“Who are we?”)
We are The Honest Kitchen. We’re a team of pet obsessed foodies, who put our heart and soul into our work – making a line of human-grade whole foods, treats and supplements for dogs and cats. We’re a rapidly growing business that was named one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 6 straight years and are certified as a Great Place to Work!
We strive for an inclusive work culture that supports a diverse array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We celebrate strong performance and ethical processes, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
The Honest Kitchen values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. The Honest Kitchen believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our business culture by bringing their whole, authentic selves to work. We strive to provide all qualified candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
SCOPE OF POSITION (“What are we looking for?”)
- Complete sales ownership and responsibility for the customers in the territory, with an expectation of continued, profitable growth. These customers include a mix of local, regional, and national pet chains as well as a host of independently owned pet retailers.
- Can effectively sell to the key decision makers and influencers at single door and territory multi door accounts.
- Develops business plans for local chains and accounts in the territory, to then be executed by the RSM and the local distribution partners.
- Works collaboratively with area distributor reps to service THK customers and grow their respective territories.
- Utilizes systems and analyzes store-level data to support sales plans and actions within territory.
- Drives growth by securing new customers for THK in the territory, placing new products, and optimizing product sets. Also works collaboratively with distributor field sales personnel to execute directed regional sales strategies to drive sales growth
- Ensures the highest level of customer service by actively managing day-to-day store requests, such as sample needs, literature, swag, and nutritional information.
- Maintains a positive and fun approach to the business, in keeping with THK and its brand in the pet marketplace.
- Executes regional level product launches and promotions flawlessly, driving mutual success to both the customer and THK.
- Works closely with Director of Sales on providing needed in-field support for larger retail accounts.
- Operates comfortably within a systems framework that provides the organization detailed field information and tracking.
ADDITIONAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Job Knowledge – Proficient in role based on education or previous experience. Stays up to date with best practice, agencies, systems, and technology. Uses skill to move the company forward. Monitors internal and external environment to identify trends and opportunities.
- Problem Solving – Able to foresee issues or opportunities and proactively implements solutions. When issues arise, a plan is quickly implemented or is elevated to manager with proposed solution in hand. Will always attempt to seek out a solution first but is willing to ask for help if clarity is needed.
- Effectiveness – Work completed daily aligns with position description and is focused on highest priority items. Tasks are executed with speed, efficiency, and accuracy. Can shift activities, priorities and approaches based on demands. Raises hand when workload is not achievable and prioritizes projects / tasks with manager. Able to make sense of new information to support projects or daily role.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (“What are we looking for?”)
- College Degree (3+ years) or equivalent 5 years’ experience.
- An infectiously positive attitude that is excited to work within a rapidly moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in working in sales or business development, with a proven track record of exceeding individual or team sales targets.
- Pet industry experience desired but not required (but you must love animals!).
- Experience working with retail establishments highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 75%-regionally via car or plane, weekends and trade shows as needed
- Strong comfort level and experience with technology, specifically working with analytical and reporting tools.
- Experience with sales force automation or CRM tools preferred.
- Must be proficient in standard office tools (Microsoft suite).
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE HONEST KITCHEN (“What do we offer?”)
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary and robust employee benefits. We provide significant perks to our employees including fitness reimbursement and free pet food. Finally, we offer a fun, team-oriented work environment where every day you can feel like you are making a difference.
*The Honest Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religious creed (which includes religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.