Job opportunity: Territory Manager – Western Canada
Almo Nature Canada, a subsidiary of Almo Nature Benefit S.p.A., a leading Italian manufacturer of high-quality pet food sold in over 40 countries, well known for its innovative vision in products and marketing, has been operating in Canada since 2008.
Almo Nature identified and responded to consumers’ desire for companies to have a greater sensitivity toward biodiversity and sustainability and is now proudly part of a wider ecosystem headed by Fondazione Capellino (the Capellino Foundation). This ecosystem recognizes and embraces a new model of development, the Reintegration Economy, and is grounded and motivated by its elevated purpose to preserve our shared home, Planet Earth, and promote the prosperity of life in all of its forms through a concrete commitment to respect, protect and reintegrate biodiversity at a global level.
The Foundation is Almo Nature’s sole owner and inspires and guides its activities. All of Almo Nature’s profits are allocated to fund the Foundation’s projects, which protect biodiversity. In this sense, the company is the economic engine and guarantees the sustainable development of the whole ecosystem.
In the pursuit of its economic objectives, Almo Nature also indirectly pursues social, environmental, and cultural objectives. For this reason, its employees are called upon to collaborate in full harmony with the spirit, aims and values of the ecosystem and of the Reintegration Economy, and to translate in their daily work the identity of Almo Nature as a company for the common benefit. In this direction, Almo Nature is investing to become a company with zero impact on biodiversity by 2030.
Therefore, the people who work at Almo Nature are fundamental to the evolution and sustainability of the entire ecosystem. For this reason, in addition to possessing qualified technical and relational skills, their willingness to share and contribute to the development of this ambitious project is required.
We are searching for a Territory Manager who will be responsible for the business development in Western Canada and will serve as an ambassador to Fondazione Capellino while sharing our vision and values. The person will deal with the development and management of the given territories. The person needs to be passionate about pets and healthy food which positively impacts pets’ life and wellbeing. The Territory Manager will primarily be responsible for generating a comprehensive sale effort for the designated territory with the goal of defining and introducing the right strategy to make sure the business expands and grows successfully in the region.
To be a good Territory Manager, you need to be a strategist, unafraid to get things done, and someone Almo Nature and its partners can rely on in a quickly growing company. As a brand ambassador and country representative, you need to be a strong, engaging and independent team member and adopt the philosophy of the Reintegration Economy model.
Territory Manager Duties and Responsibilities
● Meet or exceed Almo Nature’s yearly growth revenue targets and out-of-the-door sales objectives.
● Manage house organ trade funds effectively to strongly impact ROI.
● Manage assigned customers and penetrate potential customer market through effective networking. Build strong relationships in order to achieve and surpass goals.
● Work in close collaboration with key account partners and develop growth strategies, listing strategies, key positioning strategies and execution strategies to meet or exceed goals and targets.
● Collaborate with distributors and business partners to acquire all necessary resources and services to achieve or surpass goals.
● Consistently present, in an efficient way, all Almo Nature promotion activities in order to achieve impactful in-store execution.
● Present new products and achieve strong in-store activation behind new product launches, distribution, and placement. Contribute to and ensure company investment successes.
● Consistently maintain product knowledge about the Almo Nature product portfolio and the Fondazione Capellio business model and provide continuing product training and education to all Almo Nature customers.
● On an ongoing basis, adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
● Continuously seek effective sales strategies in an effort to identify new angles to suit the given objectives.
● Conduct extensive market research with the intent of learning and applying findings to successful strategies.
● Compile and share market data on a regular basis and when requested.
● Participate in and represent Almo Nature at trade shows, community events, and networking events in a professional manner.
● Has power of persuasion and the intelligence to recognize opportunities.
● Adapts to an execution culture as per the book, Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done.
● Possesses analytical skills, sound business judgment and creative problem-solving skills to drive business results.
● Being flexible is a prerequisite to the success of the role because it aligns with the success of the company.
● Exceptionally well organized and driven by success.
● Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations.
● Outstanding negotiating skills.
● Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills.
● Flexible and dedicated to our values.
● Strong team player with energy, passion, competitiveness, and dedication.
Territory Manager Requirements and Qualifications
● University degree in business or a related discipline is strongly preferred.
● Minimum of 2 to 5 years of sales experience; Preferably within the pet food or CPG industry.
● Computer literate.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
● Availability to travel up to 40% nationally.
Please send your resume to Christian Nourry at Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org