Wholesale Account Manager-Sales & Marketing
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Greater Toronto Area. Virtual office with travel to Tom&Sawyer Toronto Head Office,
retailer stores and trade show events
Tom&Sawyer is Canada’s oldest and most trusted gently-cooked pet meals company. We go above and beyond other pet food companies by having trained culinary chefs make your pet’s food with only restaurant-grade ingredients in our independently owned pet meals kitchen in Toronto, which is open to the public. Tom&Sawyer is available to order your pet’s meal plan online for delivery or to choose what’s for dinner today at 100’s of authorized retailers across Canada! Tom&Sawyer is concurrently focused on the belief every good business needs to contribute to tomorrow in how it operates today and is a proud member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
We’re looking for a results-driven, tenacious person to lead our wholesale channel within our Sales & Marketing team. The ideal candidate is fluent in both French and English and will be focused on supporting existing retailers and will seek out and engage customer prospects within the pet industry!
This is most definitely not your typical Sales Representative role and is a very exciting brand to promote because the quality of Tom&Sawyer stands alone in the frozen pet food category! As the first point of contact with our business between existing authorized retailer customers and prospective ones or as support to our distributor’s sales team, it is your role to explain the mission, vision and values of Tom&Sawyer and the benefits of becoming an Authorized Retailer.
You will also provide product knowledge training and support our in-house animal nutritionist with any educational materials and training.
Sales Focus Responsibilities
· Prospect, identify and qualify new sales leads by conducting market research.
· Educate prospects on our products through calls, training, and presentations.
· Provide existing customers with exceptional support based on established and evolving Tom&Sawyer procedures and processes.
· Regularly meet with distributors and retailers both virtually and in person, when necessary.
· Provide manufacturer sales representation at various events and meetings across Canada to grow revenue for Tom&Sawyer through the sale of its products in Pet Specialty Retail.
· Coordinate sales and marketing projects and deliverables internally and with distributors, distributor sales teams, and retail chains
· Provide management with feedback and other relevant data gathered at the retail and distributor levels.
· Contribute strategic insights and feedback on business level decisions aimed at enhancing Tom&Sawyer’s ability to achieve its retail expansion objectives
Marketing Focus Responsibilities
· Assist with copywriting in both English and French translation for digital and print assets to authorized retailers and distributor partners
· Collaborate on the Tom&Sawyer brand and marketing strategy
· Marketing analysis initiative activities will include designing and implementing tools for generating customer insights, including surveys, phone calls, and feedback forums
· Analyze customer data, distill insights into real projects that will help with customer retention
· Develop reports and recommendations that will be presented to management team
· Various marketing projects, which could include promotions, email campaigns, and updates to customer support policies
· Research pet market trends
· Work on Tom&Sawyer’s charitable campaigns and sustainability initiatives
The Skills and Experience You Bring to Tom&Sawyer:
· The ideal candidate is fluent in both English and French
· College or University degree required, with strong preference in relevant area of business administration, sales and marketing, copywriting, etc.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Suite of products, Canva and Klaviyo is an asset
· Is a pet parent and understand the value of high quality ingredients for nutrition
· Strong professionalism and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Works well as part of a team but is able to work on tasks independently, as required
· Organizational skills – ability to be organized in a changing environment
· Demonstrates a helpful and positive attitude to everyone while representing Tom&Sawyer
· Treat all customers, vendors and fellow staff with respect and courtesy
· Work to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers
· Adheres to the Tom&Sawyer Harassment and Diversity Policies
· Valid drivers license and owned automobile
A Career at Tom&Sawyer: What You Can Expect from Us
· Competitive Base Salary + Performance-based bonus plan
· Paid Tom&Sawyer meal plan for your cat or dog
· Cell phone plan
· Continuous learning and development opportunities
· A safe and welcoming work environment with fully implemented COVID security measures and
on-site employee vaccination policy
· A company culture that fosters creativity, development and opportunities to advance
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to our HIring Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday December 3, 2021
We thank every candidate who takes the time to apply, however we will only contact the
applicants that we select for an interview