Are you hungry to innovate? To do things differently? To work with a company that’s real, thoughtful and very forward-thinking?
Meet Pet Pal. We are an organic, vegan, human-grade dog treat company and manufacturer of the Cookie Pal brand. Pet Pal has a close relationship with Riverside Natural Foods, a company that manufactures award-winning, nutritious, allergen-free snacks. Your kids know them as MadeGood, tasty school-safe snacks. Your workout buddies grab GoodTo Go Keto certified bars.
We make delicious dog treats that are good in every way. From our ingredients to our manufacturing practices, we’ve raised every bar on every aspect. We’re friendly and focused on creating treats that are good for your pet and good to the planet as well. Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, Zero Waste, and Canadian owned and operated.
Located at the Riverside Natural Foods (MadeGood) head office, this new position for a Brand Manager will work closely with the Cookie Pal team to develop and market this innovative new brand. Being part of the excitement of the Riverside team is one of the perks of this position! We are a values-led organization and work to preserve our values of Teamwork, Ownership, Respect, Passion, Humility, Adaptability and Fun every day. Come work with a new Canadian leader! Our amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Inside Sales Representative.
You can check out our website for more information at www.cookiepal.com.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the marketing strategy for a Riverside assigned brand to achieve brand recognition and the Company’s objectives for growth.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing/brand strategies and implementation of brand plans on the brand. As part of the Sales and Marketing team, the Brand Manager plays a significant role in achieving marketing goals and supporting sales initiatives and company sales growth.
- Demonstrate and uphold Pet Pal’s core values
- Prepare regular marketing & Sales reports to identify ROI of various marketing activities
- Create/manage advertising for Brands under direction of Director of Marketing
- Direct daily marketing activities and develop procedural guidelines
- Create marketing tools (packaging, brochures/flyers, logos, SWAG, etc.)
- Create sales tools (sell sheets, event participation, samples, customer presentations etc.)
- Manager Public Relations campaign(s) through agency partners and in conjunction with communication strategies and with the support of Director of Marketing to coordinate product endorsements and testimonials to maximize Earned Media
- Manage agency to execute consumer interactive marketing at events
- Manage social media & outreach; Create Trade Marketing materials and equipment at trade and consumer shows to maximize exposure and build brand recognition
- Manage/direct websites content & functionality, direct third party contractors (e.g. web designer)
- Responsible along with Senior Designer for development and execution of all Brand primary and secondary packaging materials and in store materials.
- Manage marketing spending with assigned budget with participation in annual planning and regular reporting with Finance.
- Deliver superior customer service through internal and external support
- Respond to inquiries from Direct Customers, Distributors and Outside Sales Personnel
- Complete listing forms and gather data for potential new business as well as for new item set-up
- Manage company and product information through online platforms and customer-specific portals (i.e. – GS1, IX-ONE, 1WorldSync, RetailLink)
- Provide additional sales support, including arranging new product samples and maintaining promotional calendars
- The Brand Manager reports directly to the President
Goals for 2020
- Successfully grow Brand awareness and trial by executing the North America Marketing plan with excellence and within budget. Identify strategic, incremental opportunities that present themselves throughout the year
- Support R&D in developing a robust new product pipeline for 2020 and beyond.
- Support the successful launch of market dedicated Cookie Pal initiatives US & Canada
- Support the ecommerce sector to reach volume growth.
Education & Qualifications
- BA in Marketing or related business field (MBA an asset)
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in marketing in a CPG manufacturing/food industry organization
- Strong understanding of food industry in Canada, the US and internationally; experience in natural and organic category and small brands an asset
- Familiarity with Riverside Natural Foods & Competitor Brands an asset
- Self starter with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- An energetic and ‘hands on’ manager able to think strategically while executing marketing activities under extremely tight timelines for the fastest speed to market in the industry.
- Creative problem solver that can envision Marketing execution and also write, design Brand assets if needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, able to delegate effectively
- Intermediate level of skill for Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn new digital solutions.
- Team player, ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast-growing company
- Strategic thinker with superior communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain brand recognitioHin and to develop and implement new marketing strategies
What We Offer:
- MadeGood and GoodTo Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and Long-Term Disability insurance with all premiums paid by the company
- RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Values-based leadership
- Fun activities such as Family Day at Canada’s Wonderland, Canada Day Celebration, Escape Room and more!
How to Apply:
If you have the commitment to excellence, the energy, the attitude and experience we need in addition to being a core values fit, then please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line Brand Manager-Pet Pal.
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.