TERRITORY MANAGER – ONTARIO
Why would you want to come and work at PLB International?
PLB is a family-owned Quebec manufacturing company established on the South Shore of Montreal in Boucherville for more than 50 years and now counting more than 120 employees. We develop, design and manufacture food for dogs and cats (1st Choice, Pronature and Lily & Jax). We are particularly proud to work with people from here, whose expertise, know-how and leadership have made it possible to create superior quality products recognized in more than 35 countries! Would you like to work in an innovative company, dynamic in its practices and where the well-being of its employees is a priority? Would you like to find yourself in an environment where a pleasant atmosphere promotes discussion and teamwork? Would you like to find your place and develop in a positive way on a personal and professional level? The PLB family is growing and we need you. Join us!
Tasks & Responsibilities:
At PLB, the territory manager is called upon to perform various interesting and stimulating tasks! By joining our team, you will be responsible for promoting product sales by maximizing distribution and volume for the Northeastern Ontario territory, working close with retailers offering our products, in order to collaborate in the effort of the sales team. 80% of this position is carried out on the road and 20% in the office (teleworking) More specifically, the duties of the position are oriented around the following poles:
CONTRIBUTE TO ACHIEVING SALES OBJECTIVES
- Visit new and existing retailers to conduct physical prospecting for the Northeastern Ontario territory;
- Improve sales volume with current customers;
- Ensure product rotations, their positioning, prices, expiration dates and increase the presence of our different brands in order to promote our range of products;
- Perform micro-marketing by negotiating with retailers and working closely with distributors to develop a plan to increase in-store sales;
- Ensure compliance with the budget established for the territory based on the merchandising plan for the next year.
ENSURE THE FOLLOW-UP AND COORDINATION OF VARIOUS FILES AND PROGRAMS
- Analyze the efficiency and profitability of the various corporate programs offered at retailers;
- Control credit coupons, loyalty cards, certificates and more;
- Write various weekly reports (mileage, visits and expenses);
- Monitor competition brands for new products, promotions, prices, product returns and recalls.
ORGANIZE MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Organize product sales and / or nutrition seminars, demonstrations or other in-store events to promote the products.
- Contribute to the improvement of the sales department’s processes, methods and work tools;
- Take charge of their development and updating of their skills.
PROVIDE FAST AND QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Educate customers on product quality and nutritional benefits;
- Present new products and promotions available and to come;
- Provide technical product information as well as the financial benefits of selling PLB products;
- Ensure the effectiveness of weekly communication with the distributor and internal staff;
- Convey the values of the organization to its customers.
What are we looking for as a future co-worker?
- DEP in sales or related training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Master communication in the English language (French an asset)
- Knowledge and mastery of sales and marketing techniques
- Knowledge of nutritional information
- Oriented towards action and results, the external and internal clientele
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
Would you like to work at PLB, but not sure you have all of these skills? If you like to learn new things and aren’t afraid of challenges, don’t hesitate to apply! At PLB, we support our employees in acquiring the necessary skills for different positions and we offer many paid training. We want our team members to be competent, versatile and happy to work for us. Come meet us!
Apply at email@example.com