Pure Treats the makers of PureBites dog and cat treats, food and toppers is seeking a talented and organized Logistics & Operations Coordinator to join our team in our Vaudreuil, Quebec, Canada Head-Office. Our office is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 so this is a work from home position to begin. This is a permanent full-time position, available immediately. Please reach out to email@example.com if interested in this exciting opportunity.
Position: Logistics & Operations Coordinator
Position Status: Permanent Full-Time
Company: Pure Treats Inc.
We’re seeking a dynamic candidate to join the Pure Treats Team at our Vaudreuil Head-Office.
Pure Treats is a leader in natural dog & cat treats and food, and has been offering pet-parents pure, natural and nutrient rich treat options since 2005. PureBites® and PureSnacks® branded products are available through leading North American pet specialty chains like Petco, PetSmart, Pet Valu & Mondou, thousands of neighborhood pet stores in 10 countries, leading chains like Wal-Mart and Loblaws, and online at Amazon & Chewy.
Pure Treats is a fast-growing company that has been leading the market in its categories for over 15 years. The successful candidate would join our team working remotely until a safe return to the Head-Office can be safely implemented.
Responsibilities: Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor and in collaboration with the Operations Team:
- Coordinate, monitor and track all scheduled domestic inbound shipments to ensure smooth transition of goods and handling delays.
- Oversee logistics activity revolving around import.
- Ensure import shipments are on time and cost-effective.
- Accurately complete and send all relevant shipping documents.
- Proactively follow all carrier shipments to ensure clearance at customs to avoid delays.
- Review, analyze, and report on core logistics key performance and costs.
- Communicate delays or other obstacles to the Team as needed.
- Maintain a database of carriers, minimize freight costs, match freight invoices.
- Maintenance of vendor price lists.
- Create purchase orders from vendors.
- Proactively communicate with suppliers to ensure orders are fulfilled on time and in full.
- Collaborate with warehouse teams to confirm and process receipts of orders by matching item/quantity/price.
- Follow and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and suggest opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Review artwork for new products to approve for production, working closely with internal teams and the supplier.
- Support the Operations Supervisor as needed.
- Support the Order Desk during busy periods as needed.
- A positive, collaborative “can-do” attitude.
- Three years experience in an office environment working with purchase orders and/or logistics.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, inquisitiveness, and desire to improve processes.
- Strong Excel skills & good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated flexibility and adaptable to change.
- A natural high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency, initiative, and proven ability to follow through.
- A track record of being entrusted to work, make decisions, and resolve a wide variety of complex issues with autonomy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a changing workload.
The following would be considered assets – experience working:
- in a related field such as consumer packaged goods or operations/distribution.
- with Food, Drug & Mass market customers such as Walmart.
- with and updating/creating SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- with regulated products such as food or pharmaceuticals.
- with an ERP System, Microsoft Dynamics in particular.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. French an asset.
- Pure Treats offers a positive work environment, a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow within a dynamic team.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work days.
- Private family on-line health care consultation service.
- Summer Hours: Fridays from 8AM to 1PM.
If you love pets, are driven and passionate about your career and enjoy working in a dynamic, friendly and challenging environment, we want to meet you!
Please send your resume and a cover letter via Indeed to be considered. We thank all candidates for showing interest in this position, however only retained candidates will be contacted.
Pure Treats is an equal opportunity employer.
Reference ID: 210416ops
Application deadline: 2021-04-30
Expected start date: 2021-05-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
The successful candidate would join our team working remotely until a safe return to the Head-Office can be safely implemented.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place