Position: Key Account Manager
Position Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Home office / on the road | Available: Immediately
Company: Pure Treats Inc. | Website: www.purebites.com & www.puresnackstreats.com
We’re seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Sales Manager to join the Pure Treats team responsible for key retail accounts. PureBites® and PureSnacks are leading brands in natural dog & cat products and have been offering Pet Parents pure, natural and nutrient rich treats & food options since 2005. PureBites® branded products are available through leading North American pet specialty and FDM chains like Petco, PetSmart, and Pet Valu, thousands of neighborhood pet stores in 10 countries and online at Amazon & other websites.
· Responsible for leading the development, planning and execution of the Pure Treats sales plan and strategies for assigned accounts:
o Create a vision for your customers and generate strategies and plans that deliver exponential results.
o Energize and enroll themselves and others in pursuit of stretching, breakthrough goals in everything they do.
o Be candid in facing reality, personally owning complex issues, and learning from what doesn’t work.
o Build sustainable long-term customer partnerships.
Sense of Entrepreneurship & Results Oriented:
· Responsible for developing, owning and executing sales plans for key customers including, direct large pet retailers, and assigned food, drug, mass customers. In this role you will be expected to close gaps in the sales objectives throughout the planned year with resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on results.
Own All Projects:
· Single point of contact for projects and customers, working with the Sr. Director, Key Accounts to implement sales strategies. You will lead assigned Pure Treats customers and be responsible for achieving sales objectives with your assigned customers by building strong sustainable partnerships.
Initiative & Follow Through:
· Responsible for staying on top of all aspects of their assigned accounts / projects and ensuring that everything is taken care of and executed with excellence and on time.
· Superior Distribution: Target and execute the right distribution strategy & plan for your assigned accounts that will deliver superior sales and market share growth including shelving & category management. Drive excellent distribution with current & new, large retailers, independent pet retailers and food drug & mass retailers.
· Superior Pricing: Develop and execute the right pricing strategy & plan for the market that will deliver superior sales and market share growth.
· Superior Promotions: Develop and execute the right promotional strategy & plan for the market that will deliver superior sales and market share growth.
· Superior Off-shelf / Display: Develop and execute the right display / off-shelf strategy & plan for the market that will deliver superior sales and market share growth.
· Responsible for proactively communicating with customers, co-workers, & management to build strong relationships and deliver great long term results.
· As the key owner of their assigned accounts and projects, you will be responsible for general customer management, analyzing issues and resolving them or coming up with recommendations on how to solve problems.
· Responsible for ensuring that your assigned accounts, projects & customers are well organized and for ensuring that all outstanding sales tasks receive consistent follow-up.
- Undergraduate degree considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge in Excel
- Strong working knowledge in PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills;
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to deliver short term and long term sales results.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to be flexible and deal with change;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- A strong sense of urgency, initiative and proven ability to follow through;
- Ability to make decisions and resolve a wide variety of complex issues with minimal supervision;
- Strong sense of community and teamwork; working towards individual and team success
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- The following would be an asset – experience working:
- Pet industry related experience.
- in a related field such as consumer packaged goods or operations/distribution
- with Food, Drug & Mass market customers such as Walmart
- with regulated products such as food or pharmaceutical
· Pure Treats is an equal opportunity employer and offers a positive work environment, a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow within a dynamic team.
· Regular business hours: 8AM – 5PM Monday to Friday. Must be willing to work 5-10 weekends a year depending on tradeshow schedules and customer expectations.
· This is a remote working position form anywhere in North America!
· Summer Hours (Half Day Fridays)
· Bring your pet to work day
If you love pets, are driven and passionate about your career and enjoy working in a dynamic, friendly, and challenging environment, we want to meet you! We thank all candidates for showing interest in our company, however only retained candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- sales: 5 years (preferred)