To carry out it’s mission, PIJAC Canada strives to:
- Be engaged in legislation and regulation affecting the pet industry at all levels of government.
- Support legislation and regulations which operate in the best interest of pets, the pet industry and the public and oppose that which is not.
- Promote research into the breeding, care, feeding, handling, importation and maintenance of pets.
- Publish, gather and share credible information regarding the pet industry, pet care and responsible pet ownership.
- Promote the humane treatment of animals by everyone
- Establish appropriate and generally acceptable standards of animal care within the pet industry and promote recognition and observance of such standards to all pet sources and the public.
- Promote public recognition of the importance of legitimate pet industry businesses and the value of the products and services they provide.
- Produce and promote animal care and husbandry resource materials to help enhance the wellbeing of pets.
- Promote pet industry and related events to foster relationship opportunities for our members.