Where we stand
Below is the recommended code of practice that is given to each new member of PIJAC Canada.
As members of PIJAC Canada we strive to conduct our activities in a responsible manner by:
- Ensuring all animals under our care are treated humanely and provided a suitable environment, according to recognized industry standards and Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations.
- Taking necessary actions to prevent cruelty or mistreatment of animals and protecting them from undue stress or discomfort.
- Not selling any animal known to be suffering from disease or injury and seeking veterinary attention for any animal in our care when necessary.
- Ensuring animals in our care receive proper diet and exercise, according to the needs of the species.
- Maintaining proper livestock records to ensure prompt follow-up with the purchaser in the event of an emergency situation.
- Ensuring employees handling livestock are trained in the care and needs of such species.
- Providing accurate information on the needs, care and wellbeing of any animal sold.
- Not knowingly offering for sale any item or product that does not conform to Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations or that may endanger the safety of the user.
- Maintaining clean and safe business premises as required for the comfort of livestock, employees and customers alike.
- Conducting business in accordance with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations.